3.02.2008

There was a housewarming party for my former (and future?) roommate, Tom, last night. It was good. As it turns out, being able to mingle a bit more did, in fact, make a substantial difference in the success (from my point of view) of the evening. So did that bottle of whiskey. I didn’t see the clock when I came in, but had to have been after 3:30.

Among the things I discovered last night is that there are actually a lot of American students who are currently or have been at the school. Most of them are engineers or software designers, which would explain (at least in part) why I am having trouble getting traction with them despite the fact that many of them are from Chicago, broadly construed. I had a bit more success last night chatting them up, and my instructor showed up, which was a blessing since he and I get along quite well.

All in all, it was a relatively good evening, despite the sleeping less. Other threads of my life here - I can never find a single thing the first time I am looking for it - continue unchanged.

No comments: