3.18.2008

In re Tom Cruise

I can't say why I was thinking of this, but in the middle of taking picture number 1432 this afternoon I began to realize that Steve was right - I was only trying to justify my love of Top Gun by filing it under 'Old Look Tom Cruise.' TC is obviously the worst... check that. ...second worst thing about Top Gun, the worst being Kelly 'Dead Eyes' McGillis. Any scene involving the two of them is nigh-unwatchable.

It's his smile. That's it. I can't stand his creepy, stupid, fangy, Scientologist mouth. Is 'fangy' a word? His teeth look like he sharpens them with a file or something. Anyway, the new party line is this: there can be only one Tom Cruise and to kill him you must take his head, and with it his power.

4 comments:

Tyrion said...

I don't like the way he breathes. It's very nasally. When combined with his fangy smile, I find him repulsive.

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend "Tom Cruise Makes Me Nervous" by Sarah Vowell. It's hilarious.

kristina said...

this could be an amazing cult film. the brilliant grad student in italy who lost his mind over his hatred for tom cruise.

Steve O said...

Thanks for backing me up there. I think he might be like Kevin Costner, in that he can only detract from a movie. Think "The Untouchables" - a great film, but Costner really stilts it with lines like "Let's do some good" and such.