3.18.2008

4:56 PM Genoa

Okay. So just to give you all a sense for what I'm talking about in re the camera making my life here much much easier. When I began taking pictures this morning, the camera was at picture #990. When I finished, I had just taken picture #1581. It is not inconceivable that I could send the camera's counter back to zero once I'm done here. Many of those pictures are doubles - the actualy number of single images I have is probably closer to 270 or 280 than to 591. Nevertheless, that's a haul and no mistake about it.

2 comments:

Tyrion said...

In one three week session I ended up taking somewhere around 15,000 photographs.

Needless to say, begin processing your documents NOW!!!!

jdm said...

That, actually, is the worst part of my day here, hands down. I have the goal of processing every picture the day I take it, which never happens. I wind up making up the difference on Friday/Saturday (when the hours are short) or Sunday when the archive is closed.

Taking doubles to avoid the possibility of blurry/unreadable pictures makes this especially time consuming, but can't be avoided at the moment.