3.09.2008

In case you thought all I did here was watch TV.

22:26 genoa mar908

Today I finished reading two short books in Italian, one about the mafia (Cosa di cosa nostra by Giovanni Falcone) and a short detective story (giallo) about a philandering lawyer from Genoa. One was pretty good, the other was not as good. Falcone was (and is?) apparently a hero in Italy, having been a prosecutor who took on the mafia during the eighties and nineties (I think) and paid for his efforts with his life. I’m not sure how much I actually learned from his book – it seemed to have been written for an Italian audience and referred to commonly-known events in only the vaguest of terms, leaving me to figure out what the heck he was talking about.

Also, daylight savings time happened in my computer, but not in Italy. So I'm a bit confused about the time.

No comments: