10.22.2003

i was asked this morning to write for my supervisor a short summary of why i am in this particular office, what kind of person i am, how i like to work, whether i prefer working alone or with others, how long i plan on working in the office, what motivates me to come to work, and any other facts about myself that i found important/relevant. since that's about all i've done so far today, i've reproduced the highlights here:

Here is the hierarchy of reasons why I am at this job:
(1). To save money for graduate school
(2). To get some work experience (in case graduate school falls through)
(3). To collect material for my novel (in case everything else falls through and I have to become a starving writer)
(4). To get motivation/inspiration to become the next Unabomber (a lifelong dream of mine)
(5). I wasn’t hairy enough to work construction.

My three strongest traits:
A. intelligence
B. creativity
C. flexibility
D. patience

My one big weakness:
Counting
Kryptonite

How I motivate myself at the start of the day:
My motivation for getting out of bed in the morning varies from day to day, but usually has to do with a desire to accomplish something meaningful during my day. Sometimes it’s more about needing to go to the bathroom.

Miscellaneous Facts:

I have excellent typing skills.

I can play the guitar in a rudimentary fashion. However, I will never play Kum-Ba-Ya. I would rather break the guitar into pieces.

I can use big words in a way that makes me sound intelligent in case we have to impress, intimidate, or confuse people from outside the office.

I will want to work late as often as I can to accrue comp time during the winter & spring so that I may travel to visit my "special friend" in California because I do not get to see her very often at all, which is sad. We are planning on going to London over her spring break to visit Herr Andrew Hägån.

I cannot sing in a falsetto, but used to be able to juggle a soccer ball up to 20 or 30 times using only my feet.

I once drank an entire bottle of Captain Morgan’s rum in one evening. I think it was a 750ml bottle. For some reason, I don’t really remember. When I fell asleep my last conscious thought was “I hope I don’t die” and my first thought in the morning was “what happened to my shirt?” I never did find out what happened to that shirt.

No comments: