Today was substantially better than yesterday. I do not have time to go into details, but suffice it to say that things are, I think, looking up. I ate breafast lunch and should eat dinner soon - if so this will make the first day since I have been here that I have had 3 full meals at regular times. I managed to get some actual work done in the archives today. I cannot say how nice the staff there has been, despite my frustration with not being able to communicate effectively. Once I was able to explain slightly better what I wanted to do research on, the archivist who let me in the door yesterday (literally - a funny story) went off in search of the materials I requested and had found them by the time I left, so I have something substantial to do tomorrow when I go back.
The door story: When I arrived at the archive for the first time on Tuesday the door was closed and one needed to be buzzed in...
oh, hell. I am out of time. I will finish this story and explain the title of this non-post later.
2.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I missed you terribly today. Glad to hear things are on the up and up.
-Em
Post a Comment