9:17 PM GST 2.19.2008
I had a (big, frustrating) day today, so I’m splitting the post up into multiple parts for ease of reading. In addition to kitchen debacles (see below) I also had Archivio di Stato (mis)adventures. Hmm. Actually, I think if I keep on writing about my day it’s only going to make me feel worse, so I think I’ll just bottle up my feelings instead and then let them explode out inappropriately at an unsuspecting person. Perhaps the landlady when I call about the internet. I have mosquito bites on both of my hands. Where did they come from?
I did successfully buy an alarm clock. If only my mission here involved purchasing small household appliances instead of interacting with people, I would be a definite success.
I should really get down to studying Italian, but frankly, I feel like doing other things instead, and I’ve never been good at studying from the fetal position. Or while lying down dead. Just kidding. Mostly. Sort of. About the dead part, anyway. At this rate, I’ll probably break down and buy the 60€ guitar I saw in the store window the other day so I can sit at home and teach myself to sing the blues.
1 comment:
it's a strange thing when you realize that being abroad is not just glamorous and "so fun" and "oh-that's-so-great-for-you-that-you-get-to-go-to-whereever" but that it can be a lonely, frustrating, maddening experience, sometimes making you question your own belief system and sanity: "Wait, do I really hate all foreigners, or did I just take the wrong bus so I feel angry?"
America loves you Jeff. Keep on keeping on.
Post a Comment