4.05.2004

okay, so I know that at least one person out there has read (here) and heard (in a bar, among other places) me take a strong stance against the blazer-jeans entente (dare I say alliance?) that seems to be the status quo among persons of an academic bent. well, I am forced by circumstance to recant my criticism, or at least moderate it, in light of the fact that blazers and jeans are "so hot right know" according to Mr. Hip Young Clothing Store Employee. apparently blazers and pairs of jeans are getting together everywhere these days, and not just in the ivory closet, er, tower. I was not aware of this. I apologize to jeans, blazers, and readers everywhere.

also, for those who are in the know and feeling vaguely nostalgic about a certain living room at 5700 S. Blackstone (me, at least) I walked by a guy at the mall this evening who was trying to decide whether to purchase 1 or 2 Foamy Flops, although I think they were being marketed as the Hypèr-Non-Bean-Bag Reclinotron 4000 or some such thing.

further reading on an unrelated topic can be found here.

No comments: