with Latin winding down for the semester, I should really be savoring moments like this one from before class yesterday:
me, finishing up my homework at the last minute: "So how did you translate 'puto' in the last translation?"
Joe or Fred or something: "Ummm... I'm not sure." [looks in the back of the book] "oh yeah, 'I think or perceive' because..."
Mike (interrupting): "Don't do his homework for him. Let him do it himself."
me, exasperatedly: "Whatever. I got it from here anyway."
[brief pause while I work the rest out in my head and scribble]
Mike: "So, what translation did you get for number 9?"
Am I the only person who sees how big of an ass this guy is? I guess I'm the only person on earth (or in class, at least) who marvels at the gall of someone who would go out of his way to tell someone NOT to help me with part of the answer and only seconds later turn and ask the same damn person to flat out give him an answer. also, he wears his pants tucked into his boots, which come up just short of his knee.
is it asking too much to expect people to acknowledge that they're not 13 anymore? shouldn't there be some kind of informal system of justice to take care of people who can't act their age? and since when has vigilante justice had such a bad rep? every now and then I find myself asking these questions silently during lecture while idly sharpening the end of a toothbrush.
4.16.2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment