4.27.2004
consider this a tacit plea for excitement in my life
I didn't really want to re-visit the whole Punisher business, but work is more or less dead in the water today, and I've got precious little else worth talking about. so, yeah, The Punisher. very violent. I was looking for a way to explain how over the top it was when I came across a handy review (done by a completely unbiased, religiously neutral and obviously disinterested source) that included a laundry list of violent acts in The Punisher (reproduced here completely without permission). by capalert's tally The Punisher contained:
imagery of gunfire gore
arms deal
gunfire killing with gore, repeatedly, by both police and criminals
abduction, repeatedly
beatings, repeatedly, some very graphic, sadistic and brutal
gunfire to injure, repeatedly
dead bodies, repeatedly
order to kill entire family
action violence sequences
pursuit to kill
attempted gunfire murder, repeatedly
reckless driving, repeatedly
threat to kill, repeatedly
assault, repeatedly
defensive killing by gunfire, repeatedly
defensive killing by knife blade in throat
theft
attempted murder by explosion
knife impalement, repeatedly, some very graphic
extensive fight for life with gore
firearm threat to face
hood intimidation
ripping facial piercings out, repeatedly
order to kill
head impalement with a large paper cutter arm used as an axe
multiple firearms, repeatedly
multiple explosions
gun to head for suicide
pretty gruesome, no? well as hard as it might be to believe, the zealots... er, selfless, agenda-less crusaders for justice over at capalert apparently forgot to add the following items to their list:
deadly tumble down stairs
implied crushing death by freight train
death by arrow in neck with spurting blood
knife stabbing vertically into brain with blade visible between open jaws
deadly running-over assault by SUV
brutal shooting of Roy Scheider in the back with uzi
dragging by car (on fire) into exploding parking lot
I could go on, I suppose, but that list pretty much covers the entirety of the movie's content. so to reiterate a point I made yesterday, if you do not want to suffer one or more of the gruesome fates in the list above, please avoid this movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment