The internet is not down. Oh wait, it's down again. Apparently the internet can't make up its ever-loving mind these days so I've been out of touch for a while. But! I am currently eating a bowl of ravioli and blogging like it's my job so we'll just ride this horse as far as it can take us, lets.
Recent developments include the purchasing of a guitar and an external hard drive to back up all my business and annoy the neighborhood, respectively. Or disrespectively. Either way, Misfit Island is cranking it up to 11 for the foreseeable future.
Actually, I don't have a lot to report. I have been doing some serious walking myself to work which has resulted in some noticeable but as-yet-not-too-serious alterations in the way my pants and belts fit. I have been taking a mess of photos and finally got clarification from someone in the archive today that has made me less paranoid about continuing my work.
I am also the largely-absentee proprietor of a fantasy football team this fall. Not having the internet has not helped me dig myself out of the hole I dug myself into by not preparing for the season until 45 minutes before the draft. I'll be setting some kind of record this season, I think, and not in a good way.
Misadventure of the week:
I watched the movie Labyrinth in Italian last night, thinking by mistake that it was Pan's Labyrinth. For the love of all that is holy do not ever make this mistake, whatever the language. David Bowie wears very tight pants in this movie, I couldn't help but notice in between musical numbers that made approximately 0 sense - and that was the part of the movie in English. Zing!
Okay, I'm pretty much out of gas as far as the putting informativity-minded content up here. I stand by my earlier ramblings about expat existence and the internal confusion associated with it, but perhaps we can talk about it some time when next we meet. It's complicated.
10.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
David Bowie's eyes are a labyrinth of sexiness. I am amused that you are using an external hard drive to archive photos of archived works. We're all missing you here in SF.
- Ryan
I, however, was actually grateful for your absentee proprietorship. Not that you had a chance to beat me anyway... Nice to hear from you again! :)
Post a Comment