5.30.2004

so I was in Chicago almost a week ago now. that seems more like a month at this point. I am sitting in an apartment I had never seen before yesterday bogarting someone else's wireless internet and digesting the best dinner ever cooked without the aid of a wooden spoon, a strainer, paper towels, or even significant quantities of cookable food. if you know how dependent on pasta I am for subsistence, you realize how serious a handicap no wooden spoon and no strainer are. so I had a bunch of stuff ready to say about my trip to Chicago several days ago, but now it isn't quite so fresh. but since I've got nothing else to do while I wait for Dirty Tina to wake up from a nap, I'll try and go over what little I can remember. it was an awesome trip, filled with many awesome events. allow me to share my experience with you.

in just 4 days I managed to get my hubcaps stolen again. that must be some kind of world record. aside from being vaguely annoying, it also made my car unrecognizeable for a brief period. while looking for it on Sunday afternoon I seriously just about peed my pants thinking my entire car had been stolen before I realized that the small red car I was staring at in disbelief actually belonged to me.

Troy: I watched this movie again in Chicago. I have new complaints and some new endorsements, but overall it wore about the same on the second viewing as the first. if you haven't seen it yet, do so. or don't. but don't come crying to me if you don't like it. because apparently a lot of people don't. but I enjoyed some nice scenery chewing by Agammemnon and an actually very solid performance by Eric Bana who I still wanted to see eviscerated by Brad Pitt. still, the wailing music stolen from Gladiator did get a little older the second time around. and the writing seemed to be somewhat less than stellar. whatever. I still liked it, sort of.

Shrek 2: despite Steve's feelings to the contrary, there is nothing shameful about going to see this movie. unfortunately, except for one segment parodying the show COPS, there isn't too much funny about seeing this movie either.

afternoon Saturday 3:00 PM I went to my second ever fraternity event. this time I did not get burned by a cigarette by a girl who would dance with me for a while only to go home with a good friend of mine instead. in retrospect, I think I got the better end of the deal anyway. but anyway, I drank a bunch of beers and had some really funny things said either to me or in my presence. the guy who was peeing in cups on the porch and then leaving them next to cups full of beer was particularly good in this regard. but while I wish I could remember some of the hilarious things people at the BBQ said, I opted to drink rather than remember. so aside from the fact that I was called "so crates" a la Bill & Ted because I was wearing a shirt that said "Socrates" on it, I can't really say too much except that I had a nice time. also, there was a truly awesome middle-school "Dude, we are cool but my friend is really pissed off at you and if he finds out where you are then somebody is going to come and beat your ass" near-miss non-fight non-event.

Saturday night I had the specical privilege to deliver the prize for 1,000th visitor to this site. however, the winner in question was out and I was unable to congratulate her in person. later attempts to reach her were also in vain. however, if the good daughter is out there and reading this, Congratulations again! I hope that you enjoyed your prize. Also, I hope that you enjoyed it responsibly and have not to date ruined your dinner as a result of my largesse.

The Horror of Frankenstein is a movie that I can honestly say that I watched all of. for the love of God, do not make the same mistake I did. do not be lured in by hilarious 70's costumes and busty chambermaids who cannot cook. if you watch it for anything, be sure to take it in to appreciate the awesome acting (truly it was of comparable quality to The Stolen Briefcase).

two things I will buy if I can find the money:
hybrid car
cell phone

No comments: