because nothing makes you look tough like a nice pair of underpants.
Vietnam inaugurates new program to increase its stature as a nation.
in other news, playing basketball seems to have aggravated my lower legs. my shins kind of hurt. I have tried to placate them with rest and with a rubdown from a cold beer bottle but they remain obstinately opposed to athletic activity in general. I have begun to wonder if (just a wild guess here) my shin aches are somehow related to the generally poor state of my ankles. while this is not a serious problem, it has made me wonder if perhaps during four years of very high level athletic performance in intramural sports I wrecked my ankles a little more than I (or anyone else) originally believed. the fact that my left ankle crackles like a bowl of rice krispies when I move it around is, I think, almost certainly not a positive sign.
did you know that the story of The Warriors is actually cribbed directly from a piece of classical Greek literature? the costuming, on the other hand, appears to be entirely modern in its inspiration. seriously though, I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday night before going back to work than watching one of the eponymous Warriors get back to his roots in classical antiquity by clobbering some girl in the face with a chair in slow motion.
a (brief) list of things I am tired of waiting for:
that damnèd Toby Keith "boot in your ass" song to end
the Pacers to thump Miami out of the playoffs
5:30 PM EST Wednesday May 12
lunch
No comments:
Post a Comment