There has been a (muffled) outcry heard from various quarters since I recently confessed a desire to alter Postings from Misfit Island. Although this as-yet-unrealized renaissance (or rinascita, if you prefer Vasari's terminology) may have been catalyzed by contact with the blog of another history student, I am not looking to duplicate his modus operandi. Quite the contrary. What I want to try and do here will amount to turning up the volume, but without changing the station. To up quantity without tinkering with quality, if you will. Any shift in programming will be decidedly minor. But the more I can write on a regular basis, the more I believe that my writing will benefit in the long run. And ultimately, if successful, perhaps the effort expended will mean that my book(s) (and, God willing, I will have one or more than one) will actually be readable, perhaps even humorous at times, despite covering a period of history lost to us by 600+ years.
In other news: I am considering getting a tattoo. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment