3.24.2005

As a result of my general snoopiness (and also a clandestine affection for googling), this blog has now been outed to at least one member of my department. I had avoided letting anyone on to the fact that Misfit Island exists for reasons that I am unable to articulate. In any event, as luck would have it, the other blogger is a friend of mine - one with whom I share a love of The Office and an aversion to elder graduate students who are forever encouraging us to "show our progressive cred" via e-mail. And since the proverbial cat is out of the bag, I've gone ahead and added Monseigneur Wilkins over to the right under the heading, "No longer bleeding?", in a very thinly veiled reference to one of the six topics related to American history about which I have even the slightest knowledge. Show him some love.

The post he made after discovering my link got me thinking about this page and where the things I put up here might fall along the public/private axis of persona. I will perhaps put a bit more up here on this subject once I no longer have a 10-page paper looming over my head.

Also, I went back to read some of the posts I made while I was still working, and I'll be damned if some of them weren't really fairly amusing. This has further goaded me into trying to expend some effort on improving Misfit Island.

A question:
Ought I to change the format of my archive to monthly? Or should I leave it in its current weekly format?

I am up in the air on this one, and open to suggestions. Additionally, Misfit Island hasn't had a makeover since... well, ever. Anyone interested in helping me find a new-school look without losing that old-school flavor should drop me a line.

No comments: