So I have a topic for my first year research seminar. This is undeniably good news, about which I am quite happy. But I'm having trouble explaining it to you so that you'll understand exactly what this means to me. I'm not entirely sure how best to dramatize this so that I may engage your sympathetic/empathetic understanding.
Am I draining a buzzer-beating 3 in triple overtime? Heroically knocking out the (evil) Russian boxing machine who killed my friend right in front of the Politburo? Assembling a crew of down-on-their-luck misfits to win the championship and keep the evil owner of the team from moving it to Miami? Slaying the invisible alien by smearing mud on myself so his heat vision doesn't work and then trapping him under a tree? Teaming up with the same invisble alien to kill a larger alien in Antarctica?
I'm not really sure what the appropriate symbolic device for this one is. So I guess you'll just have to take my word for it: this is a very good thing.
Note: This is Jeff writing, not a team of robots. Or monkeys.
No comments:
Post a Comment