12.10.2008

Photographic "evidence"

Katina didn't want to pause to stare back into the maw of death after we had just leapt over it. So my pictures of the San Fruttuoso hike are evocative rather than direct evidence of the dangerousness of it all. Click on any of the pictures for a closer view.




This is the best picture I have to show how stunning much of the scenery was, when we could look up off of the trail and try to take it in.


Believe it or not, there actually is a path that goes all the way across this scene and over/around this fold in the hill. At the time, I thought I had included a picture of one of the safety chains, but now I can't even see where the trail was.


The trail was rocky at times.


This is what the trail markers looked like.



1 comment:

Hayley Lam said...

Thanks for the photos!! They are indeed gorgeous... what a great view... the trail markers look like red-eyed aliens though...