12.05.2004

So, I have this paper to write. So what's the absolute best use to which I could put my time at this second? Writing here, obviously.

Things I am out of (or nearly so) at the moment:
food
soap
ideas
shampoo
clean clothes
ways to procrastinate
interest in the (alleged) "barbarian" "migrations"


Things I am not nearly out of:
pages to write
books to read
Old Granddad

In the sports wrap-up, I ended up missing Pacers v. Warriors on Saturday. I won't get to see the Pacers again this season, probably, but on the other hand it doesn't look like I missed much of a game. Arbitration doesn't have the nicest ring to it, but that's pretty much what our season comes down to at this point, in my mind. Unless you count suspensions and injuries, that is.

The Colts gave up 24 points in the first quarter to the Volek-led Titans this Sunday. Somehow that doesn't exactly translate into 'contender' in my book. I'm happy for the win, but the thrill of victory and the sting of defeat aren't quite as potent when you almost never get to see the games yourself. But, on the upside, both the Raiders AND the 49ers were on TV today. Hooray.

This post was written while listening to: My Way, F.Sinatra

This means, by the way, that I wrote this in about 4:37. I spent about 2-3 minutes of that time looking for a picture of Billy Volek. And, looking back over what I've said, while this doesn't exactly qualify as an excuse or apology for the quality of what I've written, it does serve as something of an explanation.

No comments: