12.25.2004

the day before yesterday, I got a ride from my partner's mother to go out shopping to buy a Christmas gift for her. Feeling somewhat awkward, I was trying to find a topic of conversation, and decided to stick to talking about the task at hand (the shopping trip). Hilarity ensued.

Me: You know, I know she likes clothes, but the thing is, I don't trust myself to pick out clothes that will fit her [my partner].
Mom: Oh, it's true. She's just so skinny that it looks like everything will fit her.
Me: Yeah.
Mom: But things that look like they might be good are too small a lot of times...
Me: ... right.
Mom: ...because, you know, she's got those hips and that butt.
Me: [feeling increasingly uncomfortable] ...uh, yeah.
Mom: Not that that's a bad thing, you know.
Me: ...uh-huh.
Mom: It's just that she has that ghetto butt.
Me: You bet.

No comments: