10.28.2004

Output/Throughput here has been fairly low lately, even by my own minimalist standards. The central issue with the productivity decline is this: I pretty much only do one thing - study. I like school (obviously, or I wouldn't be here). But I'm fairly convinced that for most of you what I study is (a) not interesting or (b) totally alien. Does anybody who reads this really want to know what I think of John Baldwin's The Government of Philip Augustus (informative, if traditional in approach) or Frederic Cheyette's Ermengard of Narbonne and the World of the Troubadours (thick, relatively accessible, undeniably interesting and worth the work it takes to get through it)? Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to go with my gut instinct on this one: No.

I could always fall back on making lists (a technique, by the way, which I lifted from Pete) and then you might learn things about me such as the following-

Songs I Have Learned on Guitar Recently in Alphabetical Order by Title:

Baby's in Black
Better Class of Loser
Burning Love
Friends in Low Places
Hungry Heart
Solitary Man
You are the Woman

Things I Bought at the Grocery Store, 10-26 Edition:

Albertson's Orange Juice
Fresh Farms Boneless Chicken Breasts
Kashi
More Kashi
Albertson's Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Cheese
Albertson's Brown Rice
Secondary Brown Rice
Albertson's Pinto Beans
Albertson's Black Beans
Black Beans - Can Two
Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Ditto
Brown Cow Yogurt - Raspberry
See above
Brown Cow Yogurt - Blueberry
Same
Dried Cranberries
Treetop Applesause
3 Granny Smith apples
2 Green Bell Peppers

I'm not really sure what that accomplished (besides getting me 10 minutes closer to my laundry being done). I could always tell you anecdotes about my life here.

For example, I cut my finger the other day while washing dishes in the sink. I dropped a glass bowl and it broke. My finger bled like crazy, and I was reduced to making a makeshift bandage out of Scotch tape and paper towels because (a) we were out of band-aids and (b) I was bleeding too badly. The next morning when I pulled the bandage off it bled like crazy for another couple minutes, prompting me to go to the clinic. I got a tetanus shot, some antibacterial goo and a fistful of bandaids. That was last Wednesday, and the cut has more or less healed up by this point.

Okay, well I'm out of time. Sorry. Laundry is calling. Let's do this again some time.

No comments: