Alien vs. Predator Requiem (2007)
I am quasi-ashamed/proud to admit/divulge/reveal after subpoenas, contempt citations, and wild-horse draggings that I saw this. Was it a movie? Or only notes for a movie? Or a bunch of stereotypes strung together by banalities and fight sequences at night and in the rain between one actor in a dark suit and one animatronic monster/actor also in a dark suit at night?
Look, all I’m saying is when did the Predator get reduced to a series of boring clichés? If you make a movie about the Predator now, apparently he has to do the following things:
-shoot something with his shoulder laser
-get wounded, use extremely painful medicine resulting in screaming/roaring
-take off his mask just before a climactic battle sequence
-skin someone alive
Unfortunately, that is about all the Predator can or will do do. Oh, he has to use his arm computer symbol machine for performing various tasks (microwaving hot pockets, e.g.) Frankly, I would like to see this character expanded and developed more fully along the lines laid out here. Also I can talk now.
No comments:
Post a Comment